How to Quote A Book in An Essay
Meta Description: It is very important to quote the reference of book properly. If you are confused about it, hire our professionals. They know different styles and do it with perfection.
An essay is a popular form of writing, which provides valuable information on a particular topic. The vital thing, about writing an essay is to give paper writing service useful information, which is authentic too. To prove the authenticity of anything we have to provide proper references. A lot of sources are available to collect information these days, however, the book is considered as the most dependable source. Quoting references from books, printed or online, is a tricky task, and you need to be careful.
Different Ways to Quote A Book
There are different styles for quoting, which we are discussing here.
- You may feel the need to cite in the lines of text. In this case, write the name of the writer and the number of the page from the book. The proper way is to write the writer’s name and page number in parenthesis. For instance, if the name of the writer is John Elite, https://umexpert.um.edu.my/mdfirozkhan you will use the last name and write the in-text reference (Elite 30). On the other hand, you can use the name of a writer like “as John Says” . In this case, you will write the page number in parenthesis.
- After completing your essay, you have to provide a complete reference. APA, MLA, and Chicago are some of the popular referencing styles. You can opt one, here we are discussing according to the MLA style, which is the most common and most popular too.
Steps to Write Reference
- The complete reference will start with the name of the author. If the author is single, write his last name, place a comma and after giving a space you can write his first name. John Elite will be written as Elite, John. If the authors are two or three, you will invert the name of the first writer only and others’ names will be written parted by commas. Before writing the name of the third author, use the word “and”. In the case of more than three authors, write the last name of the first author and use “et.al.” in italics.
- Next comes the making of the book, which will be written in italics, like “A Life Journey”.
- The next item is the publisher’s name, for online books, you will mention the edition of the online version, like “Kindle ed”, and after that, the name of the publisher will come, like “Penguin”.
- Your reference will end with the name of the year, when this book was published, like 2019.
- Now the complete reference will be written as “Elite, John., A Life Journey, Kindle ed., Penguin,2019.
reference is in MLA styles, in APA and other citation styles the method is different. Usually, people mix all these styles and the result is a bad citation. When you are confused the good idea is to hire a professional service for the job.
CTA: Confused about quoting the book in your essay? Let our experts do it for you, with perfection.